Air and Dryer Duct Cleaning
Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Air ducts naturally accumulate sizeable deposits of dust and other contaminants over a period of years.
- Dirt deposits can reduce the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system and even cause physical discomfort and illness by degrading the quality of the air you breathe indoors.
- Dirt deposits in your air ducts actually act as food for organisms such as dust mites.
- Indoor air quality is one of the EPA’s top five environmental risks to public health.
- 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The three most important methods of improving indoor air quality are source removal, air cleaning, and increased ventilation.
Contaminates build up inside the return ductwork. Traditional heating and cooling systems recirculate the air in a home via supply air ducts and return air ducts. Many homes have inefficient filters, which trap less than 10 percent of the particulate that is circulated in the system. If not trapped by the systems air filter, the particulate accumulates in the ductwork and on the internal components of your furnace or fan coil.
Duct Cleaning Benefits
Cleaning your ductwork eliminates these contaminates with the following benefits:
- Safeguard your health by eliminating potential causes of allergies and respiratory problems.
- Eliminate the dirt that acts as food for dust mites, bacteria, mold and other micro organisms.